Construction Suspended – Happy 4th of July

“Construction projects will be suspended on the New York State Thruway Authority and safe driving enforcement efforts will be in place throughout the Fourth of July holiday period,” its July 1 press release said.

Courtesy of the New NY Bridge

Courtesy of the New NY Bridge

This includes the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement project.

“I urge all New Yorkers on the road during the holiday period to make safety a part of their travel plans,’’ Thruway Authority Executive Director Thomas J. Madison said. “The Thruway Authority will help ease the way for motorists by suspending construction over the Fourth of July holiday weekend.”

The closures are in accordance with Governor Andrew Cuomo’s ‘Drivers First’ initiative, announced September 2012, that ensures disruptions are as minimal as possible to drivers at highway and bridge projects across the state.

I’d like to know what you think.

Copyright © Janie Rosman and Kaleidoscope Eyes 2013

1 comment so far

  1. […] quiet July 4th weekend was followed by stricter safety measures. The Thruway Authority got half of the $511 million, and […]

    Like


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: