What You (and I, too) Try to see While Driving By
Despite the delay in opening the first span, Thruway Authority Executive Director Robert Megna told its Board Monday that the new bridge will open in 2018 for less than $4 billion ($3.98 billion to be exact).
Progress to date:
- 55 percent of concrete piers are completed
- 46 percent of steel girders have been fabricated
- 34 percent of the deck panels have been fabricated
- 27 percent of girder assemblies placed
- 13 percent of the main towers poured
Other 2015 construction milestones include:
To the two milestones — steel girder assemblies reach the one-mile point from the Rockland shoreline, and first concrete road deck panel placements — I’ll add another: first girder assembly placement for the westbound span (the one we’ll drive on first).
I’d like to know what you think.
Copyright © Janie Rosman and Kaleidoscope Eyes 2015